Animated day to day happenings

Re: 2016

Postby Barry » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:42 pm

December 10th 2016

A rather frantic couple of weeks on the TV series, and I guess I can call it Twirlywoos as it is now airing, made more complicated by various illnesses and holidays. But we have kick started each day by watching an episode on Cbeebies. This is usually the first time we have seen the completed episode. when we last saw them they were a riot of rigs and shadows. To see them all cleaned up is marvellous, and every episode so far has been delightfully silly and still makes us laugh. And standing back after some distance with these early episodes, what we are achieving is quite technically remarkable. And they are all hugely enjoyable. So visual and with great sound effects. Some of the shots we did over a year ago.
But elsewhere I found myself down in Downing Street with a select group of animators and producers and backers, and what a thrill that was. I'm trying to absorb every detail. from the going in through the security (including one burly chap who was quite blasé about meeting kings and queens, but meeting morph was another story), through passing through that significant door, to climbing that very yellow staircase with all the ex prime ministers glaring down at you, to the reception with amazing paintings of Elizabeth I and Shakespeare, being allowed to wander round the State dining rooms, and then the inevitable selfie on the door step as we left. We'd also encountered a horse guard officer, an old pub, and tea in saint Martin in the Fields crypt. a great afternoon. There was much mingling with other animator chums, and some speeches and a celebration of aardman, and I hope the general enthusiasm converts itself itself into something practical.
Film ideas are flooding into my head.
Barry

Re: 2016

Postby Barry » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:27 pm

December 28th 2016
at work we came to a halt on the 23rd in a flurry of various activities outside of the studio. I found myself assuming the role of Father Christmas and king of Christmas and Quiz master, as well as trying to keep the filming going. It's going to be a different feel after Christmas with some new crew, and mostly new to this particular show. There was a lot of coming and going with the crew, causing my juggling skills to come to the fore again....scheduling is certainly a work of art.
There was much palpable excitement and anticipation and healthy discussion and approval all over Rogue One - this has been tainted with the death of Carrie Fisher, everyone's favourite Princess. I could not join in with the star Wars chat, but tried to contribute my enthusiasm for the RSC Tempest. ah, there goes the sound of tumbleweed.
The end of the series is in sight, not before some extremely complicated shots, and I shall miss it.
Now trying to catch up with numerous animated films from over Christmas....no stop motion that I could see, and way too much David Walliams.
Barry

Previous

Return to Barry's Diaries