Big Brother

The area for animated discussion

Big Brother

Postby Barry » Thu May 18, 2006 10:30 pm

you can personally shoot me if you catch me watching this. I hold my hand up to say I did watch the introductory show but the people are now parodies of the cliches. But unfortunately, there is an element in the show that echoes a storline we were writing for the tv series....so I guess that episode is consigned to the scrap heap. We really could nto ahve 'as seen in Big Brother', and even though we got there first we will look as if we copied. I'd hate to appear unoriginal.
Barry

Postby chopkins » Tue May 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Every year I watch the opening show, just to see what half wits go into the house, then i tell myself that is that, know more! but it bloody happens to me every year, I find myself automaticaly switching over to c4 tuning into these strange people making complete fools of themselves???? why do i do it???? I doesn't help having a bb addict of a mum texting me on the house mates embaresments. I don't even like or agree with reality tv, its agaist all my principals, but i guess I am only human....jeez...

If only the bbc would come up with something to counter act this tv sludge and help me kick the habit!! reruns of docter who would do it, or more Crueshank wandering the world in search of relics that would do......

" THIS IS BIG BROTHER.....WOULD CHOPKINS COME TO THE DIARY ROOM!"
Oh dear god...... :shock:

chaz
chopkins

Postby chrlane » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:32 am

Well, Chopkins. I suppose not everyone can be as distinguished as yourself. :wink:
chrlane

no shooting

Postby Barry » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:06 am

and I have surprised myself by managing to keep away from it this year....I know you everyone is, but I'm not rushing home to watch it, or worse, tape it, as I have done in previous years. In fact the TV is gathering dust in the corner.
Barry

What's TV?

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:49 am

We have no TV in the house - but we seem to know what is happening in the shows and soaps just like everyone who does - which just goes to show what a hold the box has on modern life. We even managed to successfully answer TV related questions in a recent table quiz - and we had never seen the show. But people who discuss soaps and reality shows as if they are real make me so mad - and sad that their lives are so empty.
Peter

Postby chrlane » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:36 am

I have seen people defend those shows as one would expect them to defend their lives. And so I must conclude that their lives are not empty, but full of-- something.
chrlane

Postby chopkins » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:43 pm

and sad that their lives are so empty.

Now thats a shame you should say that! Pple need escapism of some sorts. People do get passionate about characters in programmes, doesn't mean there sad, they are just getting involved, I'm the same with certain films and books, I sometimes catch myself talking about fictional characters as if they were real, just goes to show how fleshed out these stories are to actually involvr people in that way.
Me mum and my sisiter are the same when it comes to corronation street, or emmadale. I sit there with a bemused expression on my face as they talk about who is screwing who, I laugh inwardly knowing its all only make beleive, then I have to stop me self because, wasn't I just as bad just before revenge of the sith came out, me and mates speculating on what will happen and how anakin would turn to the dark side...( shame really it was a waste of energy because I thought the film was pants!) No, tv does have a hold on people, perhaps some more than others, I have heard than certain villians from corrination street have been phisically hunted down and attacted in the streets because of there miss deeds in the show....but these are minorities and tv is all part of our entertainment culture, it isn't my thing but if people want to feel invoved, then thats not so bad....is it?

I think all this realitie tv is a but gubbins now, with the whole emphasis on beuty and self obbsession, thats not a good thing, as i said people can be easaly influenced and in a culture that seems to be breeding selfishness and bad feeling to wards each other every day I think its a bit wrong for these tv exects to be re enforcing this insecure nasty behavior, but it gets bums in seats and sells phones.....

I've given up on bb, as i did the world cup ( were out now! all the excuses are coming out.) But i do have to say every now and again I switch over to bb and see what there up too.....last time i did they were all going mad and five more people had been intreduced to the place, clutching at straws spring to mind....my god wish it would turn into the ben elton novel and some one starts bumping them all off....heh, only joking!!! ( well a little) :)

Well, Chopkins. I suppose not everyone can be as distinguished as yourself

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRowelllll............heh heh....
:wink:
chopkins

Return to Discussion