animators needed

The area for animated discussion

animators needed

Postby Barry » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:05 pm

there's a distinct shortage of stop motion animators in Manchester at the moment, especially for series work. If anyone wants to get in touch I can pass your name on to the relevent people......B
Barry

I'm iterested

Postby Bornhauser » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:19 am

My name is Christian Bornhauser and I am a clay artist from Switzerland. I was studying Stop-motion in the Three Month Course at the Bristol School of Animation.

I would like to develop my skills in a professional way. I'm interested in any possibilities of jobs as stop-motion animator.
Bornhauser

Animator training

Postby guy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 pm

As many of you who are regular visitors to this site may know, recently Barry has mentioned a number of times that he has been training some animators over the last few weeks, and fortunately for me I have been lucky enough to have been one of them.
When we first started Barry asked us if we would do him the honour of writing about our experiences on his website, to which we all agreed and then promptly did nothing!
I am hoping to address this now by saying what a great opportunity it has been for all of us to be taught by him, and although the excercises have been extremely taxing and complex for us as virtual novices, he has managed to drag our poor attempts at animation into a more polished and presentable form, and hats off to him for that!
Speaking for myself I have to admit that I have found some of the excercises extremely hard work, but also thoroughly enjoyable and it has been a very worthwhile and interesting experience.
Nobody said it was going to be easy and it certainly hasn't been.
Also it has only been 40 hours in total which isn't that long really, and, personally, I feel that I could benefit from at least another 40, but unfortunately this is just not possible. But despite this it has made a big difference to the way in which I now animate, certainly compared to what I was like before we started training.
So on behalf of myself and the other two, I would like to say a big thank you to you, Barry. I know how busy you have been and what a pain it must have been to have to come in on your days and evenings off from all the other things you have been doing to pull us into shape and give us the encouragement we so needed when all the time you must have been thinking how awful our early attempts were(and even some of the later ones!). And of course, a big thank you to Cosgrove Hall too for setting it up and making it possible.
guy

training

Postby Barry » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:20 am

well thanks so much for that Guy, and it's really been a pleasure to watch you all trying so hard and improving so much. Yes 40 hours wasn't much but it's given you a good grounding, and who knows, there may be more. Let's hope you can put this all into practice very soon. That final exercise was most impressive, and you can all now do a darn good walk which is one of the hardest things. I was glad to see you all thinking about it first. Good luck, and let's watch this space.
Barry

Animators on Rupert

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:58 pm

There is an animator's position going on Rupert from the start of December. Also a props/set position as well. If anyone is interested please contact Jane Wroe at Cosgrove Hall on jane.wroe@cosgrovehall.com by this friday 10th November
Barry

Return to Discussion