RUPERT BEAR

The area for animated discussion

RUPERT BEAR

Postby Barry » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:16 pm

Well here he comes. He starts transmitting next week on the 8th November on Channel Five at 7.30 in the morning, which, I am assured, is the best possible time for this audience.

Wild Scooter Ride Wed 8th
Undersea Adventure Thurs 9th
Nest Friday 10th
Stargirl Monday 13th
Cloud Shepherd Tuesday 14th
Magic Carpet Wednesday 15th
Cheeky Sneeze Thursday 16th
Special Sandcastle Friday 17th
Magic Lantern (giant moth) Monday 20th
Treasure hunt (spring inspection) Tuesday 21st
Miranda's Day Out? Wednesday 22nd
The Good egg? Thurs 23rd
Cheddar Moon? Fri 24th

Not sure which one is my favourite but Cloud Shepherd is lovely, Nest is funny, Stargirl very sweet and rather moving, and Treasure Hunt gorgeous. Ill be interested in any reaction.
Barry

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:38 pm

For those who are unable to receive this channel, is there any info about a DVD release?
Peter

Postby kli » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:58 am

Since I couldn't find any info on US airdates or a DVD (but then, I wasn't expecting to) I had to content myself with the surprisingly lengthy clip from "Star Girl" that's on the website: http://www.rupertbear.com/

It looks gorgeous and immensely kid-friendly. Very clean, but also very detailed. A nice combination.
kli

Postby Peter » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:29 pm

Apparently you get a different episode each time you visit the Rupert site. Yahoooooo!!!!
Peter

Postby Jessica » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:28 pm

I saw that Stargirl episode, too, and I found it soo different from all that other kids-tv-stuff.... It is made beautyful, no needless details but full of atmosphere.... Gratulations for that!
Jessica

thanks

Postby Barry » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:22 pm

thanks so much. There have been some good stuff in the papers, but one suggested not watching it because Rupert was wearing trainers.....and therefore couldn't be charming. I'll let you know what happens when the shows air.
Barry

Rupert DVD

Postby Barry » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:58 pm

The third Rupert Bear DVD is out on Monday 3rd March, this one is called Rupert and the giant Sunflower, and i have to say that the title episode was one of my favourite episodes. very sweet and simple and uncluttered with a clear storyline, and the CGI guys at Flix did some gorgeous visuals. I'm not sure what other episodes are on this disc, but do have a look at it.
Barry

Re: RUPERT BEAR

Postby ShayneThill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:20 am

"Treasure hunt (spring inspection) Tuesday 21st"
I'll bring my son there. He is a treasure hunting fan, I recently sent him a metal detector for kids.
ShayneThill

Return to Discussion