Bradford Animation Festival

The area for animated discussion

Bradford Animation Festival

Postby Barry » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:04 pm

Hope to see some of you there over the next few days. I'm doing a 'In Conversation with......Joanna Quinn' tomorrow, and then hosting the awards do on saturday. Bradford always has a great atmosphere and a very diverse programme. Try to come.....
Barry

Postby philipparice » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:07 pm

Cooee, I was volunteering at BAF last week. I enjoyed it no end!
I was lucky enough to catch your interview with Joanna Quinn. It really inspired me. Seeing two brilliant animators chatting to each other about animation was a real treat! unfortunately i missed out on the t-shirt signing because i had to man the front desk. Overall the festival was fantastic, good times all round, i'll definetly be back next year!
philipparice

thanks

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:46 pm

thanks Philippa and welcome to the site. Joanna and I certainly had fun on stage...it's always hard to strike the right balance of getting a lot of information over as well as being entertaining. But it was a joy to chat to Joanna and watch her stunning films. I'm in awe of her talent and how she makes those drawings live with so much energy. Sorry you missed out on the T-shirts. I have to say the volunteers were fantastic and certainly looked after us.
And I have just watched your films, and they are uttelry charming. I love the Sweets one, and that's a great choice of music. I like the moving backgrounds. Very clever.
Barry

Postby philipparice » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:20 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the films. I really enjoyed making them. I composed that 'Sweets' music myself!
philipparice

Return to Discussion