Screenplay

The area for animated discussion

Screenplay

Postby Jeskimo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:03 pm

I'm doing a case study on Barry's 'Screenplay', and as part of the report I'm going to write a section about the influence of traditional oriental culture within the film/animation industry. If anyone has any opinions I'd love to here them for my research.
Jess
Jeskimo

Charlie and Lola

Postby Barry » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:33 pm

Hi Jess, and as it happens I was hosting the awards evening at the bradford Animation festival last night and one award went to the lovely children's series Charlie and Lola, and the episode we screened was about Lola grumbling that her favourite book wasn't in the library. Charlie tried to get her excited about other books, and they fell into a beautifully realised pop up book based ont he Willow Pattern. Quite exquisite. Another film you might try to track down fromt he early 80's is The Emperor's Nightingale, directed by Christine Edzard of Sands Films. Again beautifully designed but rather stodgy as a film.
Barry

Postby Jeskimo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi Barry, Thanks for the advice i found a few things that were really useful. I'm in the process of trying to get Christine Edzard's email address but seeing some stills on the internet was also helpful. I sent an email to the address you gave me, I'm really getting into oriental culture at the moment, and just want as much info as possible.
Jess
Jeskimo

Return to Discussion