INIGO

The area for animated discussion

INIGO

Postby Barry » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:16 pm

February 6th 2007

Well that's my dearest chum gone, and what a cat. I don't think I've ever met such a cat. It was clearly not me who was doing the choosing at the pet rescue three years ago. He wanted to be so involved in everything and everyone, he was generous, so loving, so tactile, so clean, just loved company. He loved walking round the garden and going for drives in the car, especially with the hood down. He loved me sat at the computer, and was never more happy than sitting on my head or shoulders as I pottered round the house. And when he looked at you, he looked right into you. He never scratched or growled, was patient, so enthusiastic about everything, and just so full of joy, and I adored him. He was exceptional company, intelligent, and sensitive to one's mood. He was very vocal with a clear language, and definitely a happy face. Above all we communicated, and responded, and wanted to be with each other. The things we could learn from animals, no, should learn. The grace of living and sharing.
I spent last night curled up with him, chatting away, wondering what his history had been...whatever I think it had been a tough one as he never seemed to have had this affection. he'd certainly never played before.
If one has to go, then after a walk round a dazzlingly sunny garden, curled up on the shoulder of someone who adores you, being tended to by two lovely nurses who know you, in a sunny surgery, and with an injection that lets you slip away painlessly and gently and quickly, well that's a good way to go.
But darn I shall miss this best of all cats. Actually, there was so much to him, that it surprises me to write the word 'cat'.
Goodbye and thank you sweet cat. Oh, how much you brought to my life.
Barry

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:06 am

I am so sad. Inigo was certainly something very special - one of those rare incarnations that find their true home. He had love and compassion in his whole being and won't be forgotten.

Rest In Peace Inigo
Peter

Postby Kerry » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:29 pm

It really is such sad news - what a lovely, funny, gentle cat. xx
Kerry

Postby chopkins » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Very sorry.

he'll never be forgotton.
:(
chopkins

Return to Discussion