The book.......

The area for animated discussion

The book.......

Postby Barry » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:40 pm

July 1st 2007
Well a year to the day since I started, I have sent off the book. Quite a moment. it will come back in a few weeks with all manner of corrections and mistakes, and it may be torn to pieces, who knows. It's not a convential book by any means, but I am hoping that is its strength. Just the language and use of will have the editor reaching for the red pencil. Double negatives are not uncommon, and I do tend to some verbosity and my observations are quirky and unscientific. It will be very different, and anything about personal opinions is laying itself open to all manner of criticism, but hey I've done a book. That was quite an ambition. Next would be to get my play produced. I don't know whether the book is the one either I or the publishers imagined, but it has grown and developed over the year.
So thank you to everyone who has helped in whatever small way, and i hope I have duly represented you all and duly represented this strange craft.
Watch this space.
I'm off, exhausted, to Turing tomorrow for a few days at the animation school, then a normal life for a while.
Barry

Re: The book.......

Postby Fede » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:01 pm

Hey, YOU'VE DONE A BOOK!
Congratulations, I'm sure it will be great.

Federico.
Fede

Congrats!

Postby noron » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:12 am

Hope to check it out someday! (animation books and guides are really hard to find over here!... And unfortunately quite expensives too= :( .

Anyway...
it´s my first post here, and... as i saw, great jobs by your side!.

Congratulations again for your book and works!

C u!

Gustavo
noron

Postby Jessica » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:12 pm

Congratulations, Barry! And well done!

I just found it at Amazon.de! *applause* Look here!

I really look forward to it! And I hope you're bit (but just a bit! :wink:) proud of yourself!
Thank you for sharing your animation experiences!
Jessica

crikey

Postby Barry » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:19 pm

crikey, there it is....and I haven't even done the proofs yet. Funnily, I'm thinking of what I'd like to write next ....something even more personal.
Barry

Postby Jessica » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:44 pm

...even more personal? Wow! ;)
Jessica

the cover

Postby Barry » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 pm

Well the cover of the book is all fine tuned and finished, and I have to say I'm very happy with it. So thanks to Elsevier for letting me have a simple rather classy cover. I was not keen to have any pliers or armatures and they were happy to go with that. It's all getting rather exciting and little scary now.
A certain highly respected and inordinately talented animator is writing the foreward as we speak, for which I am immensely flattered.
Barry

Postby chopkins » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:24 pm

Brilliant book Barry, very inspiring. Its been a while since an animation book has given me that VOO VA VOOM!! factor!
I have been working on me own stuff in my spare time....your book makes me want to make more time to work on my own stuff! I havn't felt that in a while! Thanks.

must go. I got a film to make :D
chopkins

the book

Postby Barry » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:31 pm

hallo - for those of you who are waiting for the book from Amazon or in the shops, apparently it's on its way by boat from Croatia. It will be here.......promise!
Barry

The book!

Postby Pablo69 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:33 pm

Just ordered my copy from amazon... really looking forward to reading it!
Pablo69

they're on their way

Postby Barry » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:55 pm

The book have made it to these shores, and Amazon will be sending them out very shortly apparently. Phew. Much relief all round.
Barry

and there it is.....

Postby Barry » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:34 am

and there is the book looking not a little classy in the bookshops. Hoorah!
Barry

Postby Jessica » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:38 am

Well, two days ago Amazon told me the book would arrive on January 2nd. It arrived yesterday from UK. I think those mail guys has still been warmed up from christmas. I don't know any other other reason how they could be that fast.

I started reading yesterday. And I'm still hungry for that. Phew, enough left for two or three days more... This book is an eye´s delight... As always: a fantastic book about animation and I feel animated to do more, to give it just another start. I'm not finished yet but it is an intelligent and helping book.
Thank you Barry!

Jess
Jessica

thank you

Postby Barry » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:38 am

Hallo Jessica, and i'm glad Amazon delivered the book safely, and I'm so glad you liked it. Thank you enomrously for your contribution. The illustrations really do make the book very unique. I'm glad you're finding it useful and that it's making you want to animate. Happy reading and a happy new year
Barry
Barry

aplogies

Postby Barry » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:57 pm

forgive me for a very small little parp on my own trumpet, but this appeared on Amazon.com and I'm most chuffed, especially with it coming from an animator

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Motion-Passi ... 850&sr=1-3

there are other nice comments about the book on www.stopmotionanimation.com
Barry

Return to Discussion