plasticine bunnies

The area for animated discussion

plasticine bunnies

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:04 am

Sorry - play Doh, not plasticine

well this famous advert hit the screen tonight, well I saw it for the first time, and it's clear to see what 40 animators did. It would have been fun to have been involved with that, and the big red bunny is certainly impressive, though I wonder if the satellite dish at Jodrell Bank we animated for the Aardman commercial for the Manchester Evening News is still the biggest thing to be animated. Though to be fair, it's animation was a little hapzard and lacked the elegant finesse of the red bunny.
This was shown in a break in the BAFTA tribute tonight, but for me it was overshadowed by the next commercial, the Christmas one for Marks and Spencers, playing tribute to various Hollywood films of the 40's and50's. especially, White christmas, and my Twiggy Lawson looked sensational as a Rita Hayworth type. Gorgeous. And a beautifully observed commercial. It worked as I, and don't tell anyone, felt a twinge of christmas spirit. The bunnies, well I can't remember what that was for - oh yes a telelvision, but that product didn't make much of an impact. I still love the advert with the balls rolling down the San Francisco streets, especially knowing they were done for real.
Anybody out there who was involved care to tell us more about the bunnies....?
Barry

Return to Discussion