The Lightbox, Woking

The area for animated discussion

The Lightbox, Woking

Postby Barry » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:45 pm

28th November 2007

Just back from a talk in Woking. The Lightbox is a recently opened art space, and a most agreeable one at that. There seems to be mases of space, and resident at the moment is a pretty comprehensive exhibition of Wallace and Gromit / Were rabbit sets and models, complete with the genius touch of a school desk, with geniune reports from Pete L and Dave S - they met at school in Woking. There's also some very interesting sculptures, including a spectacular naked man with a white painted face from Elizabeth Frink. My talk, in a nice intimate room with a spectacular window over looking Woking, seemed to go well, with a good friendly mix of students and other interested parties. I particularly enjoyed seeing the Tripod from HGWells War of the Worlds striding down the street. In the book they landed on Chobham Common and laid waste to Woking pretty smartish. A gloriously animated scultpure.
Estonia, then Woking and suffolk on friday - quite a hard week, but I'm still not tired of talking about animation.

The Frink statue I think belongs to this set - http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/nig ... frink7.jpg

but the woking one is standing, his attention clearly caught by something.
Barry

Return to Discussion