The Showroom screenign in Sheffield

The area for animated discussion

The Showroom screenign in Sheffield

Postby Barry » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:37 am

i'm screening my films in the Showroom in Sheffield this coming monday 28th April, as part of the same programme of Kawamoto films as was in bristol. If anyone is around it would be good to see you. The programme starts at 6.00
Barry

Sheffield

Postby Barry » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:44 pm

and a most enjoyable screenign it was too, though Sheffieldreally has to be the most inacessible town in England, witht he worst set of signposts. I'm afraid we wasted far too much time just trying to find out where we were going. Getting to Sheffield is hard but then to have it any other way woudl mean losing that spectacular countryside. I was very grateful, for many reasons, to have Abu in the car (though he is not satnav!), as that long bleak torturous trip across the Snake Pass in total darkness might have been a lonely trip indeed. But I was glad for him to have seen my films after all my talk about them, and I don't think they disappointed. I was also very glad to have Di and friends in the audience. She and I go way back to when we used to do medieval and rennaissance dancing during the summers....a long time ago, and I have to say she is still looking splendid, voluptuous and vivacious. So lovely to catch up. I fear I was still doing Wind in the Willows when we last met, and my how things have changed since then. Again one of the odd joys of animation is that is does continually bring people together in so many ways. A lovely venue, with great projection and sound, though I can't help feeling that whilst the sound is exactly as I want it now, I have probably just saturated the colour just a little too much. But we could twiddle for hours. Not a huge audience sadly, but they all stayed the course, and there were a few interesting reactions. A long day, that started with me sticking shiny panels on to the La Cage set. I'm ready to get this on stage now.
Barry

Return to Discussion