graduation film

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

graduation film

Postby luke simpson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey Barry, here's the 1st scene from my graduation film at the UCA, i wondered if you'd have a look and tell me what you think?

http://vimeo.com/10964836

Thanks Luke.
luke simpson

Re: graduation film

Postby Barry » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi there Luke, well firstly I want to know what happens next! Some very nice use of cutouts and beuatifully animated, especially the shots of the feet. Good design. The close-ups of the face were certainly close and perhaps that doesn't sit well with the wider shots, I'm not sure - well the wide shots are so lovely. Let me know when there is more to see.
all the best
B
Barry

Postby luke simpson » Mon May 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Barry, thanks for your reply, well i finally finished it! i put it online but i probably won't leave it up for long as i'm probably going to send it off to festivals. Tell me what you think, Thanks Luke.

heres the link: http://vimeo.com/11602606
luke simpson

Postby Barry » Wed May 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi Luke, and thanks for putting this up. It's a beautiful atmospheric film, and all the better for being understated. You get some lovely effects and imagery with the cut-outs, and how brilliant to have got Ian Hogg too. Good use of changes of speed in the animation. Yes a nicely disturbing film. Well done.
Barry

Postby luke simpson » Fri May 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Thankyou very much. Your right i was lucky to get Ian Hogg, i was going for Joss Ackland originally but at 1000 pounds an hour he was a bit steep for a student budget. Ian was kind enough to do it for free though and i think he turned out perfect for the narration, better than i could have hoped for!
luke simpson

Return to Gallery