My first short film... Guido.

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

My first short film... Guido.

Postby williampowellcg » Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 am

Hi there,

This is my first 'proper' stopmotion animation. It was created as my final university project. I know it's very sketchy in parts but hopefully there will be some interesting stuff for you to see.

The film is available to view on my blog and if you scroll down I have documented the whole production process.

Enjoy and please give brutal feedback as it will help me improve my animation for the future!

My Blog: williampowellcg.wordpress.com
williampowellcg

Re: My first short film... Guido.

Postby Barry » Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 pm

hi there william, and that's a lovely film....I love the design of the opening, and it looks and sounds great. There's some very beautiul animation - if I can suggest that with what you do next, you spend a few more frames on some of the key storytelling moments. Some of the animation is a little rushed, with not enough detail/frames to make it clear what is happening. 'Let it read' is my mantra - don't rush the animation. But this is a lovely film.
Barry

Re: My first short film... Guido.

Postby Barry » Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 pm

hi there william, and that's a lovely film....I love the design of the opening, and it looks and sounds great. There's some very beautiul animation - if I can suggest that with what you do next, you spend a few more frames on some of the key storytelling moments. Some of the animation is a little rushed, with not enough detail/frames to make it clear what is happening. 'Let it read' is my mantra - don't rush the animation. But this is a lovely film.
Barry

Return to Gallery