Mr Haten Bugelerp & The Great Hat Heist

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

Mr Haten Bugelerp & The Great Hat Heist

Postby LEWIMATIONS » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:14 am

Hellooo!!

I've been a member for quite a while, but I've mainly just been lurking :roll:, But I thought I'd like to share some of my work with the fantastic animators on this board, and get some feed back on my work :D !!

Here's a link to a clip of the film I'm working on at the moment, it's called Mr Haten Bugelperp & The Great Hat Heist. It's about a hat robber and his grovelling side-kick, who come up with a mad plan to rob a huge hat vault, its a film involving digging tunnels, setting dynamite and other such dangerous things :twisted: !!

http://www.stopmoshorts.com/gallery/index.php?action=dorate&cat=12&pic=397

Here are some pictures from the film...

I am shooting the whole thing with my Olympus C-750 at 24fps. The armatures are just simple wire construction and plumbers epoxy putty for the stiff parts. I made the bodies of the models from snip foam glued over an armature, then stretched thin fabric over it, the foam was to minimise movement of the cloth while animating, the clothes were just made from fabric and thread. The heads are made from Lewis' Newplast plasticine with painted white beads for eyes. The set is about 80cm square, with a chip-board base and MDF walls.

Have a look and tell me what think!!

LEWIMATIONS
LEWIMATIONS

lewimations

Postby Barry » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:35 am

Hi there, and thanks so much for posting that link to the clip, and i have to say it looks, and sounds great. Fantastic textures and lighting, and the puppets look spectacular. I'll be interested to see how they move in the more action scenes. Good soundtrack. I'd suggest you keep an eye on the pacing throughout the film.......you never want a shot to hang around once it's done its story telling. These shots I felt could be tighter, but I think this looks to be a very interesting film. Keep us informed.
Barry

Postby LEWIMATIONS » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:52 am

Thanks Barry!

I agree most of the shots are to long and linger unnecessarily, I do want this movie to be nice and snappy so I will definitely cut most of the shots by a quarter or so...

There are some more trailers uploaded to:
http://www.myspace.com/lewimations

It's great that I can show my work to such experienced animators such as yourself, and get some constructive criticism. So thanks again!

Any more comments or questions about my work would be great!!
LEWIMATIONS

Return to Gallery