Animation 'Sandbeast'

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

Animation 'Sandbeast'

Postby Pablo69 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:16 pm

Hello!! Here is a link to my second year piece about a 'sandbeast' and a bottle of cider! This is my first animation, the brief was to come up with a minimum 30 scenario! I made the character and set and also did the sound! I've being doing stop-frame for about a year at Salford University, Manchester and am open to any help or advice to improve my animation skills! Thanks... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5j5pCXbhnE

or type 'sandbeast' on youtube
Pablo69

Postby Jessica » Wed May 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Hello Pablo!
And welcome to this board!
I really had to laugh during and after watching your movie... It is a good, short story! I was totally impressed by the movement when this... person... picks up the letter from the bottle.... That was a beautiful one... I think you're really on the right way.
What software do you use? And which hardware? I'm interested in because of some disturbing light flickers during the first close-up... It doesn't really fit to the perfect made props and movement.
In the sum of all it ia really a good animation. Go on!
Jessica

Postby Pablo69 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:51 pm

Hey Jessica!! Thank you so much for your reply... I'm really glad you enjoyed it!! Yes that was my fault with the flicker, I didn't set the camera right for one or two of the shots!! I use iStopmotion for the mac! I have tried to watch a couple of films you posted but they didn't open for some reason?! I'll try again later!! It's nice to talk to people who are passionate about animation! I'll let you know when I take a look at your work!! Thanks! Paul!
Pablo69

Postby Jessica » Wed May 23, 2007 4:04 pm

you have a mac, right? So click it with the right mouse button (the link) and choose "save file" (I'm not sure if thats the right translation) and download it, then watch it with your Quicktime-Player. I guess that will work. ;)
Jessica

Return to Gallery