The Life and Times of Bed Bound Man

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

The Life and Times of Bed Bound Man

Postby JoeJohnson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:11 am

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TlxUjLY71-M

A short animation done as a college project which Barry himself came to see as we were animating it.

Thanks for the tips and coming to see us.
JoeJohnson

bed man

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:22 am

well done guys, you have made a film. How does that feel. What have you learnt to take on with you for the next one. I remember seeing the cupboard space you were shooting in, so that is all quite an achievement. But next time really try to make sure the set and all the props and the lighting is firmly secured as much as possible. Also go through the storyboard very tightly to see if you 'cross the line' at all. You did on once occasion in this film and it just slightly disorientates the viewer. This film certainly has a dry sense of humour and the sound was excellent - I'd just try and raise the production values of the visuals for the next film. And though this film is deliberately being gloriously bizarre you still need to keep a tight structure, and pull the audience in. The structure was a bit, er , loose here. But hey, you have made a film, and I'm sure there a million things you have discovered, so do use them.
good luck with the next project and if you want to send any script ideas I'd be happy to look at them
Barry

Postby JoeJohnson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:30 am

Ah yes the sudden lighting change, security discovered we where shooting in the stair well and apparently we weren't supposed to be there so we had to relocate to the cupboard.
There was a lot of controversy about the actual content of the video but as far as we are concerned this is only our first step and we have learned from it.
Disorientating the viewer seems to be something we do too well and need to overcome within our group, collectively our 5 minds work well but we often find ourselves spiraling off into creative overload where nothing seems to make sense anymore and the barriers of sanity have no meaning. Which explains the lack of structure.

Again thank you for your critique and suggestions we shall take them on board for our future work
JoeJohnson

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:53 am

Although I had a good laugh for breakfast!

I think it don't need to be perfect if this is your first piece. You'll learn from your mistakes and I think you've good a pretty good foundation.
Jessica

Return to Gallery