Electreecity

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

Electreecity

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Hello Barry,

We are currently in our third year studying animation at UCA farnham. We wanted to show you our animation from last year. It is a stop motion animation about a man who selfishly exploits the nature around him.
We would very much like to hear what you, and anyone else, thinks of it.

Here is the Link...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l5UO7_6Jysc

For a higher quality version...
http://www.vimeo.com/1999492

Thank you very much,
Sarah and Sarah
xxx
Sarah

Re: Electreecity

Postby Barry » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi Sarahs!
And very good to hear from you, and what a great film that is. I loved it. It is beautiful desgined, and there are some nice compositions with the tree. All the CG elements fit in well, and its a good idea well executed. You've got some clear rhythm in his walking. A few shot don't flow together quite as well as they good - the cut from the wide shot of the tree and hint of the man, to the next shot is a bit abrupt, and the change of direction a bit too much.....always try and carry on the flow of direction between shots as much as possible, making the eidt as smooth as it can be. film grammar is so importnat, but I'm only nitpicking here. the colours and textures are great. If you want I'd be happy to include a still in my next book which I am writing at the moment. I'm wanting to include stills of stop motion films that most people are new to. So if you had a lovely wide shot of the tree, possibly in its metal state that would be good. Anyway well done to you both. Were you making that to a specific length - I only ask as I would have liked to have seen more of the tree having its leaves taken away. You did it so beautifully but it happened very quickly. It's an image full of emotional resonances and you could have made more of it perhaps, time allowing.
I hope lots of people get to see it.
Thanks for putting it up here.
Barry
Barry

Postby Sarah » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:52 pm

Hello,
Thank you very much for replying, it is lovely to hear what you think of our film. Thank you for the constructive criticism, it is very much appreciated and we will use it to help us with the film we are making this year.
The projects brief was to make a 2-3 minute film though we would have loved to have made it longer but unfortunately didn't have the time.
We would very much love for you to use a still from 'Electreecity' in your new book, we are limited to the file size to upload onto the forum so is there an email address to send it to as an attachment?

Thank you again,

Sarah and Sarah
Sarah

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi there, the dynamic duos of Sarahs. If you care to drop me a private meassage here I can send you my address, mind you any of the tutors at the college will have it.
Well I look forward to your next film. On the first one, really I would have just liked to have had a session with you about film grammar, and how to make two shots flow together. I've told several people about your film so hopefully they will be watching it on Youtube.
Barry

Return to Gallery