Salt Animation

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

Salt Animation

Postby Uria » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Hello Barry,

My name is Uriah, and I study stop-motion animation at Bezalel Art Academy in Jerusalem. I have been reading your book and found it to be both interesting and inspiring. I just found out about this forum and I would like to let you know that I apperciate very much the fact that you are making yourself so available.

I would love to hear your and the forum memebers' comments on my latest project.

Here is the link:
http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Polar-Bears/130631

thanks,

Uriah.
Uria

Re: Salt Animation

Postby Barry » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:26 am

Dear Uriah, and this is perfect timing. I am so glad you like the book - there is another one on the way which I'll mention in a minute. But that film is exquisite....beautiful visuals, and with lovely tender animation, and totally controlled. Well done. It is a gorgeous film and I love the irony that salt melts ice. Would it be possible to include a still in my new book as the book is about people approaching stop motion for the first time and I'm hoping to include lots of stills that people will be less familiar with. If you could let me know that would be great. I'm happy to have you on this site and I think you are the first animator here from jerusalem, so welcome again.
Barry

Postby Uria » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Dear Barry,

Thank you for your speedy reply! I am so glad that you liked the film, and I would be honoured and thrilled if you would include a still from it in your new book. I can send you any frame or frames you wish in any format. This is incredibly exciting for me.

Merry Christmas from Jerusalem,
Uriah.
Uria

Postby Barry » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Hallo Uriah, and I would be delighted to use a still in the book. I really am trying to find different and unusual stills. Perhaps if you could send me a private message, we can work out how to recieve the still.
Many thanks
Barry
Barry

Return to Gallery