'The Sword, the Stone, a King'

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

'The Sword, the Stone, a King'

Postby Seamus. J » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi, I'm working on a short film at the moment, so I thought I should share some info on it...

The Sword, the Stone, a King is a medieval fantasy, based on Arthurian legend it tells the story of young Arthur and how he became King of England. I've created my own story using some material from the legends but I really wanted to be inventive and not stick to the facts, add my own ideas. Its still got the sword in the stone, Merlin and King Uther Pendragon, but I've created my own characters also. I was inspired by Wat's Pig, and I really love the graphic storybook feel, which I want to incorporate into my project. The film is an animated fairy-tale so it will all be very graphic rather than realistic, but it will suit the context of a fabled medieval world inhabited by peasants, warriors, a nasty tax-collector and a kind old wizard!

Blog: http://theswordinthestone-production.blogspot.com/

On Wednesday I met David Sproxton at the Animex Festival and got some tips and advice on what I should be aiming to do. I was able to sit with him and have a talk. The main thing he mentioned was to always accept critique and feedback from others because you're always so engrossed in your own work that its helpful to get other opinions, so you know how to improve and grow. So, if you have time, I would be really pleased if you had a look at some of my stuff:

Site: http://www.wix.com/SeamusJ/Stop-frame

(Not all for project)

You can also listen to the main-theme music composed by Jan Tappe which plays along with the opening credits on the website under page 'Animation'.

Any feedback would be great, I'm working on an animation for a coraline contest at the min so when its finished I can show you some animation! Thanks!

Seamus
Seamus. J

Return to Gallery