War, Snow and Fire

An area where you can display your work (it has to be on the web somewhere). Just start a new topic, say something about your work and include a link to it.

War, Snow and Fire

Postby Kskiftas » Thu May 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Hey there Barry, I study animation and I am just about to get my BA in UCA Farnham.

We have met before and I showed you a small clip of my upcoming film, since I completed it I am curious about what you think.

The link is here, just click on 'watch this movie':

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495968

Thanks a lot
Kskiftas

Re: War, Snow and Fire

Postby Barry » Sat May 23, 2009 11:39 am

Hi there, and thanks for posting the film. I couldn't get through the site to look at it but will have a good go this weekend, and register on the site.
Hope all is well down there
barry
Barry

Postby Kskiftas » Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 am

Hello,

I hope that's better-

http://www.vimeo.com/4840312

Kostas
Kskiftas

Postby Barry » Tue May 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Kostas, I'm just doing some workshops at the National Film School but will look at that link as soon as I get home. Can't wait. All the best
barry
Barry

Postby Kskiftas » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Barry,

Just wondering if you ever got around to watching my film, I'd love to know what you think of it.

Sorry to post a million times
Thank you,

Kostas
Kskiftas

Postby Barry » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi there, and my apologies for taking ages to watch you wonderful film....I just love the graphic style of it, and how you manage to create some pretty complex imagery with very simple blocks of colour and shapes. I'm all for encouraging less is more (though my films sometimes belie that). The design really is superb - so do tell us on here how the film came to be made and it's background. A great music score as well, and some interesting ideas. Well done. What is happening to the film...is it being seen elsewhere?
Barry
Barry

Postby Kskiftas » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello Barry,

Thanks so much for the feeback, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was pretty much settled on the style during the pre production, what I haven't nailed down yet was the story, that I think lacks a bit in depth and the ending was a bit rushed. I think in the end I managed to make it decent enough, and as the deadline was drawing closer I had to go with what I had at the time.The bigest trouble is managing to tell everything with no words and make it obvious enough.

I am planning to apply to festivals and hopefully manage to get it screened. Thanks again for your comments and your time.

Kostas
Kskiftas

Postby parliament_hill » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:53 am

I saw this at the UCA graduate show and really enjoyed it. It was one of the highlights. I'll lokk out for it on the festival circuit!
parliament_hill

Return to Gallery