Need help regarding Animation work.

Tips, hints, how to, how not to etc.

Need help regarding Animation work.

Postby Williamhawk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm animating in a studio in New York now. Learning with every test I do. But I'm having big troubles at the moment, and I guessed this may be the place to go.
I'm animating a slow walk (which on itself is quite difficult), and it's towards the camera. It's actually the first test on the main set.
I have put my reference camera on the side of the puppet to have a clear view on the distance and limbs moving.
But I can't see is if the body is trembling from left to right, and it does that almost every frame. That's mainly because of the enkle, which cannot be put tighter. I have created many animated videos . Have a look at them. Hope you will enjoy them.
I hope you understand what i mean, if not I can send you a little drawing. At the moment it's driving me crazy, it's so time-consuming...
Maybe a surface gage is a solution? I have put this question on the forum so other beginning animators can learn.

i hope you will find the time to maybe give me a short answer. Thanks, I've learnt a lot from you (and you hints and tips) thus far...!

Return to Animation hints and tips