A camera for Stop motion

Tips, hints, how to, how not to etc.

A camera for Stop motion

Postby Lucille » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Hello Barry! How are you? I hope everything its okay with you..

I keep making my film "The portrait of the pestilence" here in Buenos Aires. My puppets are almost finished and also my miniatures. I am very excited and happy. It's been a year and a half od pre-production!

I am thinking about capturing the frames with a digital still camera because they have great quality and I have my old Nikon F lenses to use. Did you ever worked with these kind of cameras logged on the computer ? And how do you see your animation while you're doing it ? I am asking you because I've been doing research for a long time now, and it seems there is not a standard for this, and I am kind of lost when it comes to know if it could work or not.

Thank you again for your amazing class! I watch your films all the time and I keep learning and getting emotional!

the best of luck and thank you
Lucy :!:
Lucille

Postby Kerry » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:04 am

http://www.fundmyshort.blogs.com/

Hi,

Take a look at this, move down the page and you will see that animator Phil Dale has given a short tutorial about shooting to you pc with a digital camera, its really useful and explained well.

Good luck! :lol:
Kerry

the same....

Postby Barry » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:39 am

and the same Phil Dale is downstairs in the studio shooting in Nutwood for a couple of weeks, whislt one of our animators had a baby.
Thanks for the link Kerry.
Barry

Thank you both!

Postby Lucille » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:11 am

I'll definitely check that, besides I love Phil Dale animation.

Thank you again and the best of luck!

Lucy
from Argentina
Lucille

Return to Animation hints and tips