advices for stop motion

Tips, hints, how to, how not to etc.

advices for stop motion

Postby diego » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:33 pm

hi Barry,,,
i'm a italian boy, i believe that the art can change the life...for me your job are very important, in a dark moment of my life in your arts i find reals emotions,that i thought lost.
when i was children i saw King Kong and then my only thought was on the stop motion and create one day my litle KinhKong...now i attend a master in classic Animation to 9zeros school in Barcellona it's fantastic...you have some advices (school, accademy,stage...) for develop and to specialize in Stop motion???
thanks for all
Diego
diego

Re: advices for stop motion

Postby Barry » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:59 pm

hi there Diego and welcome to this website, and i'm so glad you are doing stop motion. If your school could find some money to fly me over I would love to do a workshop in barcelona. At the risk of promoting myself, have a look at my book 'Stop motion - passion process performance' as it is full of advice. I am writing another one. Probably the best pieces of advice I can give, is to think of yourself as a performer and perform the puppet; don't try to copy live action as stop motion will never be stop motion. Think of it as credible, not realistic. And most of all, let the animation read. Give the poses time to tell their story.
enjoy.
Barry
Barry

Postby diego » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:18 pm

hi Barry, thanks for your advices, i already order the book, i'm anxious to read it and discuss with you in this forum..
.a your workshop in Barcellona...if only it were true!..Barcellona is a magic city full of colours and mystery...it seems to me that i live in the deathcity of TimBurton's CorpseBride...hihhihi

goodjob
diego
diego

Postby diego » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:16 am

hi Barry, your book has finally arrived, I am literally devouring it, in a perfect moment, since I am to the takings with the development of the character for my short film. sleepless nights to understand as he wants to walk,,but today I think about having found it, I am happy.The films of Buster Keaton have helped a lot me, it is really unique in to transmit emotions with the gestualità of the body.
still compliments for the book.
diego
diego

Return to Animation hints and tips