Student work advise

Tips, hints, how to, how not to etc.

Student work advise

Postby hwright » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey Barry I go to Northumbria University and am in my final year studying Media Production. This year we have to gain experience on work placements. Is there any advise you can give me as I have emailed a few stop motion studios but have had little success.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
hwright

Re: Student work advise

Postby Barry » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 am

Hallo, and good to hear from you, and what rather bad timign as i have literally finished a stop motion commercial on which you would have been welcome to help. I'm afraid there is very little stop motion in Manchester at the moment. Roary the race car is still being filmed for a short while longer but I can't think of anything else. Aardman are gearign up towards their new feature but otherwise it is pretty quiet. I'm sorry that's not much help. Will you try to get to the Bradford Animation festival in 6 weeks - you'd make some good contacts there.
B
Barry

Re: Student work advise

Postby hwright » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, I am guessing that it is a mixture of luck and trying again and again for contacts. I will defiantly try and get to Bradford animation festival. I actually missed seeing you when you came up to Newcastle to advise Bob Lee, as I have been helping out building the sets. I was at Glastonbury and then Florida when you came up so I know how luck and timing can be critical.
Thanks again this forum is fantastic.
hwright

Return to Animation hints and tips